5 Brilliant DIY Window Valance Ideas
Frugal DIY Valance Ideas
The best way to turn a bland window into a stunning window is to get a decorative valance. You don’t need an expensive one either. In fact, with these DIY valance ideas, you can make your own valance with some affordable materials and a bit of time and effort.
To help you figure out which style/design you want for your home, we’ve curated five beautiful valance ideas for you to look at. Pick which one you like the most and learn how to make it!
1. Quick and Easy No-Sew Window Valance
The creator of this DIY no-sew valance made this in only an hour! She breaks down exactly how she did it (with pictures) in the full directions. She’ll also show you how to go about mounting your new valance.
- Polystyrene Panel
- Hot Glue Gun and Glue Sticks
- Straight Pins
- T-Square or straight edge (yardstick)
- Craft Knife
- Decorative Fabric
- White Fabric or Quilt Batting
2. DIY No-Sew Rolled Window Valance
This is another no-sew valance but this one was originally made to cover up a roller blind. If you don’t have a roller blind that needs covering, you can still make this valance for purely decorative purposes.
- A roller blind (if applicable).
- A length of timber to form the pelmet.
- ‘L’ brackets.
- Fusible webbing (for the no-sew method) or cotton thread (for sewing).
- A fine dowel rod.
- Ribbon (or similar).
- Buttons (or similar).
3. Quick & Easy Lined Valance
Here’s a really eye-catching valance that will stand out in pretty much any room. The lined design is quite beautiful!
Unfortunately, the site that posted this project is no longer online, so you’ll have to try to make this one without any directions. Sorry!
- Main Fabric (yardage based on measurements)
- Lining (yardage based on measurements)
MAKE THIS PROJECT!
4. Layered Lace Valance
This layered lace valance definitely has a nice feel to it. The lace allows some light to shine in through the valance as well which gives it a nice effect.
Unfortunately, this project ALSO isn’t online anymore, so it’s another one you’ll have to figure out on your own. Maybe you could post your own tutorial after!
- Spring loaded tension rod.
- 1 yard of fabric (less or more depending on the size of your window and how low you want your curtains to hang)
- 1 1/2-2 yards each of different types of lace.
MAKE THIS PROJECT!
5. DIY No Sew Elegant Window Valance
This simple but elegant no-sew valance will look great in almost any room. You can choose any fabric you like for this project as well so you can customize it to fit the theme of your room!
- A 1″x 3″ piece of lumber from any lumber yard, cut to the outside length of your window, frame included
- A heavy duty hand stapler
- (2) 1 1/4 yard lengths of grosgrain ribbon.
- No-sew fabric tape
- 2 1/2 yards of fabric, 54″ wide
- 2 angle irons and screws for installation
Valances can add a ton of personality and color to your room. By making your own valance you have a lot of freedom in the design and style you choose as well. Plus, going the DIY route is a great way to save money!
I hope you enjoyed these homemade valance ideas and hopefully, you found something that will fit your home. Please don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, or pin this post and check us out on Pinterest!
More DIY Ideas:
- How to Make a Love String Art Sign (Tutorial)
- How to Make Throw Pillows with Napkins
- 9 Easy Weekend Project Ideas
Trending DIY Projects
Report a Problem
Please select the problem you are facing with this deal:
- Price Increased
- Price Decreased
- No longer available
- Link doesn't work
Add more details:
Thank you for your feedback. We really appreciate it.
Enter your email address if you would like
to receive a follow up.
Please Try Again