5 of the Best DIY Foot Soaks That You Can Do From Home
Feet have a rough job! They carry us around everywhere, they get stuffed into shoes, they get stubbed sometimes, they go through a lot! See if any of these sound familiar:
- Tired/sore feet
- Dry, cracked feet
- Dead skin
If you can relate to any of the problems above, it’s time to give your feet some extra loving! Don’t worry though, you don’t have to spend a fortune. These cheap DIY foot soaks will help you relax, and they’ll leave your feet softer, healthier, and refreshed.
Here are 5 of the best homemade and DIY foot soaks to rejuvenate your feet!
1. Homemade Orange Foot Soak
This homemade foot soak has a combination of great ingredients to create a nice, relaxing, foot refreshing experience. The baking soda helps to soften your skin, the Epsom salt helps remove toxins, and the orange citrus scent is extremely sweet and uplifting.
- 1/3 cup of baking soda
- 1/2 cup Epsom salt
- 2 orange tea bags
- 5 drops of Jojoba oil or orange oil
- Orange slices for decoration
- Mix all ingredients together and store in a container, such as an 8 oz mason jar.
- To enjoy, add 3 tbsp to a large container of warm water
I slightly increased the amount of baking soda & Epsom salt so it wouldn’t be exactly the same. I also personally used Jojoba oil instead, but you can use any oil really.
2. DIY Clay Foot Soak
This foot soak helps remove toxins from your body because it contains bentonite clay. This clay expands while in water and attracts, absorbs, and traps toxins. The other ingredients in this recipe help soften your skin and detox further.
- 2 tablespoons bentonite clay
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Water to thin mixture (if needed)
- 1/2 cup Epsom salt
- 6 quarts of hot water (or enough to fill your container)
- A few drops of essential oils (optional)
3. Listerine & Vinegar Foot Soak
Listerine and vinegar might seem like a bit of a weird combination for a DIY foot soak, but both of these ingredients have some pretty great benefits for your feet.
First off, the Listerine can help kill foot fungus, which means you can say goodbye to smelly feet. Second, the acid from the vinegar should help soften your skin making dead skin easier to remove. This leaves your feet feeling soft and fresh!
- 1 cup of Listerine
- 1 cup of vinegar
- Warm water to cover top of feet
4. Homemade Peppermint Foot Soak and Scrub Recipe
This homemade peppermint foot soak is perfect if you are wanting a refreshed and cool feeling for your feet. Plus, there are great healing benefits in this foot soak. It is perfect for cracked, sore, and dry feet! You can also substitute the peppermint essential oil for any oil of your choosing, like lavender.
5. Cinnamon Rosemary Foot Soak
This two-ingredient DIY foot soak recipe is great for sore feet. If you know someone who is standing for a majority of the day, this would be a great homemade gift to get them!
- 1/3 cup of Epsom salt
- 3-4 drops each Cinnamon Bark and Rosemary essential oils
All of these DIY foot soaks only require that you have some sort of pan of water to soak your feet in, but if you want to really want to have some high-end at home treatment, invest in a foot spa. Most foot spas have extra features like massagers, jets, heat, etc.
Even without a foot spa though, these homemade foot soak recipes will still work really well. Let us know which one you like the best in the comments below!
More DIY Remedies:
- 20 DIY Bath Bomb Recipes Better Than Lush
- Natural DIY Hair Detangling Spray (with Coconut Oil)
- 5 DIY Body Wraps That Really Work
- 5 Easy DIY Facial Mists
- 7 Natural DIY Air Fresheners
Trending DIY Projects
Report a Problem
Please select the problem you are facing with this deal:
- Price Increased
- Price Decreased
- No longer available
- Link doesn't work
Add more details:
Thank you for your feedback. We really appreciate it.
Enter your email address if you would like
to receive a follow up.
Please Try Again