5 DIY Foot Soaks You Can Do From Home
5 Homemade Foot Soak Recipes
Feet have a rough job! They carry us around everywhere, they get stuffed into shoes, they get stubbed sometimes, they go through a lot! See if any of these sound familiar:
- Tired/sore feet
- Dry, cracked feet
- Dead skin
If you can relate to any of the problems above, it’s time to give your feet some extra loving! Don’t worry though, you don’t have to spend a fortune. These cheap DIY foot soaks will help you relax, and they’ll leave your feet softer, healthier, and refreshed.
1. DIY Clay Foot Soak
This foot soak helps remove toxins from your body because it contains bentonite clay. This clay expands while in water and attracts, absorbs, and traps toxins. The other ingredients in this recipe help soften your skin and detox further.
- 2 tablespoons bentonite clay
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Water to thin mixture (if needed)
- 1/2 cup Epsom salt
- 6 quarts of hot water (or enough to fill your container)
- A few drops of essential oils (optional)
2. Homemade Citrus Foot Soak Recipe
This homemade foot soak has a combination of great ingredients to create a nice, relaxing, foot refreshing experience. The baking soda helps to soften your skin, the Epsom salt helps remove toxins, and the orange citrus scent is extremely relaxing and uplifting.
- 1/2 cup of baking soda
- 1/3 cup Epsom salt
- the contents of 2 orange tea bags
- 5 drops of orange essential oil.
3. Listerine & Vinegar Foot Soak
Listerine and vinegar might seem like a bit of a weird combination for a DIY foot soak, but both of these ingredients have some pretty great benefits for your feet.
First off, the Listerine can help kill foot fungus, which means you can say goodbye to smelly feet. Second, the acid from the vinegar should help soften your skin making dead skin easier to remove. This leaves your feet feeling soft and fresh!
- 1 cup Listerine [any generic brand will do]
- 1 cup white vinegar [may use apple cider if preferred]
- 2 cups warm water [as warm as your feet can manage]
Combine the Listerine and white vinegar, then add enough warm water to cover the tops of your feet. Soak for about 20-30 minutes, then remove your feet and exfoliate. Using a scrub will make removing dead skin easier.
4. Coconut Lime Foot Soak
Coconut oil has a ton of great benefits and it’s one of the main ingredients in this homemade foot soak. It will help kill bacteria, fungi, and viruses, and it will also moisturize your skin leaving your feet re-hydrated and smooth.
- 2 cup Epsom Salts
- ¼ cup Coconut Oil (heated to liquid)
- 2 tbsp Shredded Coconut
- Zest of 1 Lime
- Jars for your gifts
5. Cinnamon Rosemary Foot Soak
This two-ingredient DIY foot soak recipe is great for sore feet. If you know someone who is standing for a majority of the day, this would be a great homemade gift to get them!
- 1/3 cup of Epsom salt
- 3-4 drops each Cinnamon Bark and Rosemary essential oils
All of these DIY foot soaks only require that you have some sort of pan of water to soak your feet in, but if you want to really want to have some high-end at home treatment, invest in a foot spa. Most foot spas have extra features like massagers, jets, heat, etc.
Even without a foot spa though, these homemade foot soak recipes will still work really well. Let us know which one you like the best in the comments below!
More DIY Remedies:
- Natural DIY Hair Detangling Spray (with Coconut Oil)
- 5 DIY Body Wraps That Really Work
- 5 Easy DIY Facial Mists
Trending DIY Projects