Natural DIY Hair Detangling Spray (with Coconut Oil)
DIY Hair Detangler with Coconut Oil
Water, jojoba oil/coconut oil and Lavender essential oil*, that’s it! Those are the only three NATURAL ingredients you will find in this homemade detangling spray.
Not only is it simple, quick and easy to make, it’s also so much better for your hair than the store bought products that are full of chemicals I can’t even pronounce!
Even better, it works! I mist it on my girls’ hair after evening baths and again in the morning before school. No more tangles and battling bedhead!
How to Make Your DIY Detangling Spray
Supplies You Will Need:
- 4 oz. glass spray bottle – When working with essential oils, glass containers are usually best as they do not absorb the oils or leech harmful products. Prefer one with a trigger sprayer? Try this one. (If you have a bigger bottle, you can always double the recipe).
- 1 Tbs. 100% pure jojoba oil OR coconut oil – Jojoba oil has many wonderful uses! It’s ideal for hydrating skin and hair because it closely mimics the natural oils our bodies produce. Coconut oil is also amazing for hair and scalp health so you can choose which one you want to use!
- 10-15 drops Lavender essential oil* – Lavender oil is widely known for it’s relaxing and calming properties. It is a gentle oil and safe to use on kids and babies when properly diluted.
- Measuring spoons
- Small funnel
Add Your Oils:
Start by making sure your glass bottle is clean and empty. Using your measuring spoon and funnel, add 1 Tbs. jojoba oil or coconut oil to the bottle.
Next, add 10-15 drops of our favorite brand of lavender essential oil*.
Fill the bottle the rest of the way full with water, then place the lid back on and gently shake it to mix it up.
Note: Some people prefer to use distilled water when working with essential oils but for the sake of simplicity and the fact that we aren’t rubbing it directly on the skin, I choose to just use tap water for this recipe.
How to Use Your Brand New DIY Detangling Spray
Lightly mist your homemade detangling spray on wet or dry hair and slowly comb through working in small sections from the bottom up. Wide tooth combs & brushes work best, especially on wet hair. They help prevent tugging and pulling so you don’t end up with more tangles or broken hair strands.
If you come across a stubborn tangle, you can spot spray to help work it through. Each time you use the spray , just give it a quick shake and you’re good to go!
Important note: Be careful about which essential oils you use! Many are filled with synthetics and are not safe for use on your skin or internally.
If you want to know which brand of essential oils we trust and love and use daily in our homes, contact us by texting 208-908-OILS or by email firstname.lastname@example.org! We will answer your questions and help you get these oils at wholesale prices!
Use These Products with Your Detangling Spray for Even Better Results:
More DIY Beauty Ideas
- 6 DIY Detox Ideas You Can Do at Home to Cleanse Your Mind and Body
- DIY Body Wash! Turn a $1 Bar of Soap into Luxurious Body Wash!
- All Natural After Sun Spray
- All Natural Face Peel
- All Natural Facial Toner
Trending DIY Projects
Report a Problem
Please select the problem you are facing with this deal:
- Price Increased
- Price Decreased
- No longer available
- Link doesn't work
Add more details:
Thank you for your feedback. We really appreciate it.
Enter your email address if you would like to receive a follow up.
Please Try Again