10 of the Easiest DIY Fall and Pumpkin Decoration Ideas
The temperature is noticeably cooler outside, and while the leaves haven’t quite started to change their colors yet, it’s only a matter of time! After all, pumpkin spice lattes have been on the shelves of every Starbucks since August! This can only mean one thing — fall has finally arrived!
It’s time to put away the last remnants of the summer months and start to move on to all things pumpkins and fall! Before you start heading to the store or loading up your shopping cart with all that expensive fall decor, you might want to check out these DIY fall decor ideas! They’ll help you create beautiful fall decor for your home without breaking the bank!
There are so many adorable DIY fall DIYs that you can make from fall wreaths to painted pumpkins; this post has everything you need for your next fall DIY. You can use these ideas to help get you started, or use them to try and pull some inspiration from them. Check them out!
1. DIY Fall Candle Holders (Cheap & Easy to Make)
Candles are super inexpensive, and this DIY fall candle holder is both elegant and frugal! You can even use items you already have at home to make this beautiful DIY on a budget.
Use your old canning lids to make this adorable and inexpensive fall DIY for less than $5! This is a beautiful fall decor piece that you can use again and again. Check out this post to make it with washi tape
- Canning jar rings
- Orange spray paint (or leave them plain if you want)
- string to tie together rings (I used curling ribbon
- felt or fabric for leaves
- Glue gun
You can make this easy scrapbook covered pumpkin using any kind of paper to match your home and style! You can even mix them up to make them Halloween-themed too!
- Styrofoam or plastic pumpkins
- scrapbook paper of your choice
- Elmer’s glue, water, and container for mixing (or Mod Podge)
- sponge brush
This fun wooden pumpkin craft is a great way to decorate for the fall season! This easy wood project is perfect for beginners too!
- Rounded wood fence post, cut one 5″ piece and two 4″ pieces
- Wood dowels, cut one 2″ piece and two 1 1/2″ pieces
- Orange paint (I used Valspar samples from Lowe’s in “Roasted Squash” and “Toasted Pumpkin” – yes, I picked those colors of paint just for their names)
- Green paint (not pictured – I used “Jungle Thicket”)
- Paint brush
- Sanding block
- Wood Glue
This reversible wood slice decoration is the perfect holiday craft that will work throughout the fall and winter season! It’s easy to make, and you don’t have to worry about storing it until spring!
- Wood Slices: One Small, One Medium, One Large and One Base
- Black, White, Orange and Dark Orange Craft Paint
- Paint Brush
- Felt Doll’s Hat (found in the doll clothing section next to the dollhouses)
- Plaid Ribbon
- Wooden Dowel
- Electric Drill
- 2 inch Screw
- Pumpkin Stem or Twig
- Wood Glue or Hot Glue
6. DIY Farmhouse Fall Decor Signs
If you are looking for an easy and cheap farmhouse decoration for the fall months, you can’t go wrong with this beautiful sign! It’s so simple to make yet looks so high end!
- picture frame (8 x 10, 8.5 x 11, or 9 x 12)
- background paper in cream, white, or kraft paper
- ribbon or twine
- Downloaded and printed letters
7. Cute Pumpkin Craft For Your Fall Home Decor
These adorable fall pumpkins give off such a cozy fall vibe! They’re a great way to use leftover yarn and so cheap to make!
- Chucky Yarn
- Styrofoam balls
- plastic yarn needles
- fabric yarn needles
- fabric scissors
- spade drill bit
- serrated knife
- pruning shears
- thin branch from your backyard
- wood dough bowl
8. Blue and Orange DIY Fall Centerpiece
If you like to make a statement with your fall decor, this easy DIY is perfect! The pop of color adds a little bit of color, and it’s a beautiful fall centerpiece for your home!
9. Pumpkin Wreath Dollar Tree DIY
You can make this adorable pumpkin wreath using supplies from your local Dollar Tree! This wreath looks expensive, but it only takes a few dollars to make!
- Glue Gun
- Burlap Fabric
- Lambs Ear Stems
- Chalked Paint (used on the galvanized word)
- Buffalo Plaid Ribbon
- Wire Pumpkins (2)
- Pine Cones (optional)
- Flowers (optional)
10. DIY $1 Chalk Painted Pumpkins
All you need is a bit of chalk paint and some $1 pumpkins to make this simple and easy DIY! You can use these pumpkins throughout your fall decor or put them together for a pretty yet simple centerpiece.
As you can see, there are so many beautiful and cheap fall decor ideas that you can make yourself! The DIY fall decor ideas above are just a tiny glimpse into the world of possibilities you can make. Try them out and figure out which ones are best for your home and your wallet!
Trending DIY Projects
Report a Problem
Please select the problem you are facing with this deal:
- Price Increased
- Price Decreased
- No longer available
- Link doesn't work
Add more details:
Thank you for your feedback. We really appreciate it.
Enter your email address if you would like to receive a follow up.
Please Try Again