6 Creative Ways to Repurpose an Old Crib
6 Ways to Repurpose Old Cribs!
Just because your kids have outgrown their cribs doesn’t mean you can’t still make use of them. There are actually a handful of different ways to repurpose an old crib!
To help inspire you, we’ve gathered 6 creative old crib projects for you to check out. You’ll learn how to make a craft station, jewelry holder, and more!
1. Repurposed Cot
This repurposed cot to desk project is so clever and unique! I love how almost every bit of the cot has been utilized and using blackboard paint is a nice touch.
- Baby cot with a removable drop side
- MDF/particle board cut to mattress size
- Blackboard paint
2. Jewelry Organizer
Don’t be intimidated by the long supply list for this project! Although it may look complex, once you get into the tutorial you’ll see that it’s not too difficult.
Plus, even though it does take some time and effort, the end result of this craft is beautiful! It gives you a ton of space for all your jewelry, and it’s customizable as well.
- Old crib side
- (2) 1 x 4’s
- 1/4” luan cut to fit the back of your frame
- 1/2” x 2’s poplar (I used six 3’ pieces)
- Air brad nailer
- Air paint sprayer
- Wood glue
- 3/4” cup hooks (I used 67 of them)
- Electric drill
- Drill bits
- Paint & supplies (I used Sun Safari by Dutch Boy)
- 30” continuous hinge (AKA “a piano hinge”)
- Pencil for marking
- Magnetic catch
- Mollies for hanging it in place
Headboards can be pretty expensive so making one out of an old crib is just genius! The end result is really nice too – simple and effective.
- Both end pieces of the crib
- Screw and screwdriver
- White circle buttons
- Hot glue gun
4. Storage Shelf Unit
If you need a new place to store your magazines, books, candles, and other small things, this project is perfect! It’s affordable, customizable, and very functional.
- Scrap wood for shelves
- Jigsaw, drill
- 4 L-brackets
- Spray paint
5. Pull-A-Picnic Wagon
Repurposing an old crib into a mobile picnic party is such a cute idea. The kids will love being pulled around the yard in their new wagon!
- 1 front and 1 side panel from a crib
- 1×4 and 1×6 pine
- 3-inch carriage bolt
- 2 2 inch x 1-inch hinges
- wood glue
- nails (1 inch and 1 1/2)
- 2 5/8 steel rods
- 8-inch tires
- 1-inch steel tube
- 5/8 push caps
- 6-inch lazy susan plate bearing
- 1 1/2 lock slide
6. Craft Station
This crib repurpose is similar to the first one, turning an old crib into a craft station! Definitely one of the best ways to repurpose an entire crib.
- A crib
- ASCP Pure White
- ASCP Graphite
- Valspar gloss luscious green spray paint
- Krylon Chalkboard Spray Paint
- Sanding blocks fine/medium
- Grow grain ribbon
- Sharpie Oil-Based Medium Point Paint Marker
- Dark wax
- 2 chairs
- Circular saw
- 2 hinges
- 4 corner brackets
- Painters tape
- Hot glue
- Glue gun
If you have an old baby’s crib sitting around that you’re no longer planning to use, doing one of these crafts is a great way to repurpose it. You could also find an old crib at a thrift store to make a new piece of furniture for cheap!
Let us know which crib repurpose project you’re planning to do with your old crib!
More Repurpose Projects:
- Easy DIY Folding Table Makeover
- Top 10 Ways to Reuse Old Towels and Sheets
- 5 Ways to Upcycle an Old Bicycle Wheel
Trending DIY Projects