Baby’s First Birthday- Free Book, Giraffe, and More!
Baby’s First Birthday is Huge!
As your baby takes those steps (hopefully not literally… they can wait to walk for a bit!) from being a baby who’s months old to being a one year old, it’s important to savor each moment. It’s fun to get together with friends and family to celebrate this very big milestone! Thankfully, the First Birthday doesn’t have to be high stress. In fact, trust me when I say the lower key the better. Thanks to Babies R Us and Toys R Us, and Baby’s First Birthday, you can get clothes, a new toy or two, and even a free book and giraffe for them to play with! It’s literally a one stop shop. We are crazy lucky to have one stop shopping! Both our Toys R Us and our Babies R Us are in the same place!
When you join Geoffery’s Birthday Club, you get lots of great perks, like a fun Geoffery the Giraffe stuffed animal, a book you can read to your kids, and even a balloon and crown. Your first birthday get’s you a special crown to wear!
Babies R Us knows with a first birthday comes a lot of changes in the parent’s lives! There are changes everywhere! From how they get around, to how they communicate, even what they eat! It seems like every day they are learning and figuring out something new. The goal is to make things as stress free as possible!
TOMORROW Saturday, August 27 from 11am-12pm, all Babies“R”Us stores nationwide will host a Baby’s First Birthday event to celebrate this special milestone in babies and their parent’s lives! And, offer the best solutions parents need for the big celebration, of course.
Attendees will also experience fun activities such as story time, photo prop fun, decorate your own Geoffrey growth chart and receive giveaways such as a complimentary Geoffrey plush, a special baby’s first crown and balloon, plus meet other local families and babies also celebrating Baby’s First Birthday!
At the Baby’s First Birthday site, you can do almost everything you need to do to get ready for the big day!
You can find the perfect outfit at the Birthday Clothes shop!
How adorable is this dress?
Gifts Are Easy Too!
My little ones were both early walkers and love to climb, so they each got a slide for their first birthdays. It’s safe indoors or outdoors, but we just kept it inside, so they could play all year round, and I didn’t have to worry about them getting to hot or cold. They played and played and played! It’s my favorite gift to give for active little ones. 🙂
1st Birthday Tips and Tricks
I learned a LOT between my first and second kids. So here are a couple of quick tips to make the birthday party easy, fun and stress free!
- Don’t invite every single person you know. Your friends will be super excited for your family, but your newest one year old is going to have a much better time with just a few people they see frequently, rather than a whole bunch of people they probably don’t remember.
- Cupcakes make amazing smash cakes. Your little prince or princess isn’t used to sugar, and giving them a giant smash cake is going to not only make a huge mess, but it’s going to be way to much sugar for their bodies to digest! Cupcakes are the perfect size and can be extra adorable.
- Stick to your regular schedule. Sure, 1 pm is a great time to have a party and super convenient for all your family members, but if that’s when your one year old normally takes their naps, trying to keep them awake and not cranky for a birthday party is going to take more skills than even the best mother posses. If they generally wake up at 3, schedule the party for 3:30. Have a friend or relative hang out at your house while your baby sleeps and you set up the party, and then bring your refreshed kiddo to the party ready to play!
- Don’t go crazy. It’s SO much fun to spoil your kids but at only one year old, about 15 minutes of gift unwrapping is all they’ll be interested in (if you are very, very lucky). And if you are going to a birthday party, put the gift in a bag. Battling tape, paper cuts, and unwieldy boxes isn’t nearly as fun as grabbing some tissue paper, pulling it out and seeing what is in the bag!
- Be careful not to blink. Their first birthday turns into first grade in about 10 seconds flat.
This is a sponsored post, but all opinions are my own.