Valentine’s Day Pink Strawberry Chocolate Chip Cookies
It’s always fun to whip something a little different up for Valentines Day, and these cute cake mix cookies are no exception. What a fun twist on the traditional chocolate chip cookie… this Valentine’s Day variety makes a cute pink chocolate chip cookie! And the secret ingredient is strawberry cake mix… which means these are super fast to make!
Valentines Chocolate Chip Cookies that are Pink!
It’s fun to make cookies for parties or give them away on cute plates but I don’t always have a lot of time. Enter in this fun little PRO TIP… Cake recipes are an awesome time saver, it’s kinda like cheating! 😉
This strawberry version of the classic chocolate chip is definitely worth trying plus the festive pink makes them a fun Valentine’s Day treat! If you’re feeling inspired and adventurous, you could probably even make them into muffins or pancakes with little tweaking!
You only need six ingredients to pull this yummy Valentines chocolate chip cookie off… so Strawberry Chocolate Chip Cookies are definately in your future!
Here is one of my favorite tools for any cookie or my favorite one-hour roll recipe!
If you haven’t tried a baking mat yet, I totally recommend them! The cookies bake evenly and never stick! No need to grease anything before hand, just plop them down on the mat and place in the oven. You can check out our baking mats product review here.
We are loving Valentine’s Day preparation this year and have been busy!
Check out our Valentines Day Recipes and DIY ideas page!
Valentine's Day Pink Strawberry Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 18.5 ounce box strawberry cake mix
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F/175°C
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper or baking mat. Set aside.
- In large bowl, mix together cake mix and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk together the eggs, oil and vanilla by hand.
- Add the egg mixture to the cake mix and stir until dough forms.
- Stir vigorously until all pockets of dry cake mix are gone.
- Mix in chocolate chips.
- Drop rounded balls of dough (about 2.5 tbs) onto prepared baking sheet (I like to use an ice cream scoop for a consistent size). Make sure the balls of dough are taller than they are wide.
- Bake for 10 minutes
- Let cool 3 min on baking sheet.
- Transfer to cooling rack to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Recipe Source: Sally's Baking Addiction