How to Clean Your Stainless Steel Sink
Quick and Easy Way to Clean Your Stainless Steel Sink
This is an easy, quick, and natural way to get a fresh and clean stainless steel sink. There’s a good chance you already have the supplies on hand. And if you don’t, they are usually pretty cheap and easy to find!
Your stainless steel sink can be clean and fresh in just a few minutes with two simple, natural ingredients.
This is pretty typical for my sink, minus all of the dirty dishes. I had to clean mounds of dirty dishes before I could get a decent picture. 😉 Not too bad, but there’s definitely some visible grime. Looks worse in person too.
Cheap and quick way to clean your stainless steel sink…
- Rinse the sink with water.
- Grab a lemon or lime and cut it in half.
- Pour some baking soda into a dish, about a 1/4 cup should do it.
- Dip the fruit into the baking soda.
- Scrub the baking soda onto the sink with the fruit, going in the direction of the stainless steel.
- Repeat dipping for more baking soda when needed.
- Rinse with warm water.
- Then turn on the water and the garbage disposal, and throw the fruit rind into the garbage disposal to freshen things up.
A CLEAN stainless steel sink looks much better! Hooray!
I don’t often do this, but to add extra shine you can rub a small amount of olive oil or baby oil into the surface of the stainless steel with a soft cloth. Then buff dry with a dry soft cloth.
I first found this tip on FamilyHandyMan.com.
Cleaning Stainless Steel: Always go with the grain of the steel. Do not use abrasive or harsh cleaners. Dry thoroughly with a soft cloth.
Other recommendations for cleaning a stainless steel sink:
- Bar Keepers Friend (Bar Keepers Friend Coupons)
- Bon Ami
- Magic Eraser
- DIY Streak-Free Counter Cleaner
Feel free to share your favorite tips & products for cleaning a stainless steel sink in the comments!
See more of our favorite DIY Household Cleaners.
Trending DIY Projects
Report a Problem
Please select the problem you are facing with this deal:
- Price Increased
- Price Decreased
- No longer available
- Link doesn't work
Add more details:
Thank you for your feedback. We really appreciate it.
Enter your email address if you would like to receive a follow up.
Please Try Again