6 Despicable Me Minion Crafts for Kids!
DIY Minion Crafts
Are you and your kids a fan of the Despicable Me Minions? If so, this is for you! Learn how to create these adorable Minion crafts with simple, affordable materials.
This post has everything from paper crafts to felt crafts, and even a craft that will teach you how to make a minion out of a toilet paper roll. Each DIY will also have a link to a full, in-depth tutorial on how to create the craft.
1. DIY Minions Hat
Starting this list off with a bang, we have this flawless DIY minion hat. This thing looks awesome! Don’t be intimidated by the long list of supplies either, this craft should only take an hour or so to make.
- Minions Hat Templates
- Colored Corrugated Cardboard, yellow (22″ x 22″)
- Colored Corrugated Cardboard, silver grey, 3″ x 6″
- Cardboard, white 3″ x 5″
- Paper, black, 18″ x 1/2″
- Acrylic paint, brown, black and white
- Fine tip brushes
- Bone folder
- Awl tool
- Mod Podge or white PV craft glue
- Foam brush
- Black yarns
- Math compass and ruler
- Synthetic Felt, 2mm thickness, black, 3″ x 9″
- White color pencil
- Round Cord Elastic Band 1/16″, 1 yard
- Quick dry all purpose adhesive (clear color)
2. Cute Minion out of Perler Beads
Perler beads are super fun and this perler bead minion is so cute! This could be a craft that you could put on your keychain or you could put it on a shelf for decoration.
- 5MM Yellow Perler Beads
- 5MM Black Perler Beads
- 5MM Blue Perler Beads
- 5MM Gray Perler Beads
- 5MM White Perler Beads
- Square Pegboard
- Pressing Paper
3. Cardboard Tube Minion Crafts
This minion craft is frugal and easy to make! By using something as simple as toilet paper rolls you can create these lively minions in a very short amount of time. The kids will love to help with this one too.
- 3 cardboard tubes
- Glue stick
- Black, gray, brown, and yellow markers
- Construction paper: blue, yellow, white, black
- Minion coveralls and goggles pattern
4. Minion Finger Puppets
How adorable! With a bit of felt and some other materials, you can make your own minion finger puppets and they’re just so cute! The kids will love playing with these.
- Felt in yellow, blue and black. I used the ones in this multicolored pack.
- Googly eyes
- Cotton – I used black, blue and a see-through thread.
- Super glue
- Card or paper for your template
5. Toilet Paper Minions/Dave The Minion
This minion craft is similar to #3, but they’ve also created the evil minions here. Unfortunately, the tutorial for this craft isn’t available online anymore, but I’m sure you can figure out how to make it on your own!
- Toilet Paper Rolls
- Construction Paper
- Googly Eyes
MAKE THIS PROJECT!
6. Minion Crafts – Weebles made from Kindersurprise Egg Capsules!
This a truly creative minion craft made using kinder surprise capsules. By putting some weight at the bottom of the capsules the minions wobble around and it’s hilariously cute!
- Kinder surprise capsules
- Black marker pen
- Googly eyes
- 3 pennies
Ok, after looking at all of these minion crafts I’ve come to the conclusion that Minions are just downright adorable. No wonder they’re so popular!
Now I’d like to hear from you: what do you think about these despicable me crafts? Which one are you planning to make? Let me know!
More DIY Ideas:
- How to Make Glitter Slime in 5 Simple Steps (no borax)
- 5 Cool DIY Backpacks That Are Functional & Frugal
- Giant DIY Growth Chart Ruler Tutorial
Trending DIY Projects
Report a Problem
Please select the problem you are facing with this deal:
- Price Increased
- Price Decreased
- No longer available
- Link doesn't work
Add more details:
Thank you for your feedback. We really appreciate it.
Enter your email address if you would like to receive a follow up.
Please Try Again