Make learning fun with magnets!
Here’s a fun little pinterest inspired DIY magnet board I made for my kiddos a few years ago. I was looking for an educational/busy activity for a gift rather than spending loads of $$ on toys with a life span of 3 weeks. This was perfect! Easy, affordable, AND educational. I enjoyed putting it together and actually wrapped it on the wall and everything! To make it, I bought an oil drip pan from the Walmart automotive section for about $10 and wiped it down really good with some 409 and let it dry. I’ve heard you can also purchase them at auto part stores for around the same price. I already had a set of alphabet flash cards so I didn’t need to purchase those but the ones below are similar. I ordered the wooden letters (which work MUCH better than the plastic ones because the entire back of them is magnet, so they stick better) on Amazon and then purchased some rubber cement. I then lined up the flash cards where I wanted them, glued them on and let them dry! Easy peasy. Lastly, the hubs used his power tools and anchored it to the wall with some heavy duty screws so it doesn’t move. My kids love it and play with it all the time. It’s been on the wall for 2 years and still going strong!
Oil drip pan from Walmart… $10.00
If you didn’t want something quite that big, you could also use a cookie sheet. This would be a good option if you want to keep it portable for things like road trips.
Alphabet Pocket Flash Cards… $6.99
If you wanted, you could leave out the flash cards and just use the drip pan or cookie sheets for your letters. You could also add other fun magnets or small items with magnets glues to the back. So many possibilities!
noise fun and mess entertainment for your little ones… PRICELESS!
Here are a few more fun magnet options…
- Helps teach the alphabet, phonics and early vocabulary
- Helps children learn about letters and words
- Includes 26 letter tiles and tile reader
- See our favorite Amazon Deals!
- Want free shipping? Sign up for Amazon Mom!
- Because Amazon’s prices fluctuate so much and some times so quickly, please don’t be mad at me if you miss this great price! Also, see why we ♥ Amazon Prime for free shipping! This post contains our affiliate link. Please read our DISCLOSURE POLICY here.