- 4 15 oz cans Baked Beans/Pork and Beans
(Van Camps are on sale at Walmart this week for $.58 each)
- 1 Bottle (18 oz) Sweet Baby Rays BBQ Sauce – I like Honey BBQ, but they don’t make a bad flavor 🙂
- 1 lb Zaycon Bacon
- Add two cans (28-30 oz) Baked Beans to slow cooker
- Drain the other 2 cans (28-30 oz) in colander, then add to slow cooker
- Add the whole bottle of Sweet Baby Rays BBQ sauce to the slow cooker
- Add 1 lb rendered bacon to slow cooker and mix well
- Cook on low for 8-12 hours
When planning for a family BBQ, I plan about 5 oz unprepared baked beans per person. So, for every 3 people you have coming to your event, you want 15 oz baked beans, 1/4 lb bacon, and 4.5 oz BBQ sauce. My slow cooker will hold 3 times this recipe, 4 if I push it, and stir REALLY slow.
Step by Step Instructions with Photos
Add (2) 15 oz cans of Baked Beans to slow cooker
Add (2) 15 oz cans of drained Baked Beans to slow cooker
Add (1) whole bottle Sweet Baby Rays BBQ Sauce to slow cooker
Chop bacon into 1/2 to 1 inch strips. Render bacon. Normally I do this on the stove, and it takes about 2-3 minutes in a pre-heated skillet. But, our stove isn’t working, so I had to do it in the microwave. I cooked it on high for 3 minutes, drained, and repeated, for a total of 9 minutes.
I’m allergic to onions, but this is where you’d add them, if you want them.
Add Bacon to slow cooker and stir well. Cook on low for 8-12 hours.
After it cooks, it’ll look slightly burned on the top. It’s not. Just stir it up really well, eat and enjoy! You probably won’t have to worry about leftovers!