Paper Book Hearts
Easy to Make DIY Valentine
Need an idea for some inexpensive Valentines decor? I have the one for you! This project cost me under $4.00! I found this on etsy to purchase, but I thought I’d put my craftiness to use and make my own.
- Book or craft paper of your choice (if you don’t have a book you want to rip up, you can purchase inexpensive ones at a thrift shop)
- Hemp or ribbon ( I bought my hemp in the craft area at Walmart, it was about $3.75 for the entire spool)
Begin by tearing out a few pages from your book. Then, measure ruler length (should be 1″) across the book page and mark with a pen or pencil.
One you have measured across you page cut the pages into strips
You should have at least seven 8″ strips…
- Take one strip and measure it in half (should be 4″) mark it with a pen or pencil and cut
- Take two more strips (I placed one on top of the other so they were cut exactly the same) and measure them at 5″, mark and cut (continue this process up to 7″-detail below)
- Take two more strips and measure at 6″, mark and cut
- Take two more strips and measure at 7″, mark and cut
- If you want a larger heart add two more strips at 8″
Measure 11″ of hemp and make a knot at the end.
Staple at the end and you are done!
There are several ways you can display these cute hearts. Ideas: as a banner, on a wreath,or it would even be cute to display on some branches from your yard in a cute container.. there are so many possibilities!
Take a few minutes to look through all of our other Fun and Frugal Valentine’s Day ideas!
- Homemade Valentine’s Day Crafts and Decorations
- Valentine’s Day Recipes
- Non Candy Valentine’s Day Cards