3 Perfect Kid-Friendly Things to Make for Father’s Day
Easy Homemade Father’s Day Crafts for Kids
Are you looking for a great way to make Father’s Day more fun? Do your kids want some ideas for special things they can handmake themselves for this special day?
While buying gifts can be a lot of fun, it’s also nice to give a handcrafted item. Parents love getting things made by their children. It’s something you can cherish for a long time.
While most dads are okay with another baseball cap or “World’s Best Dad” mug, you can show him how special he really is by making him something unique. The kids will love getting hands-on and putting their energy and love into it, and you can guarantee he will get something he doesn’t already have.
But, what can they make? If you’re struggling with ideas, we have some suggestions on things to make for Father’s Day that will get your creative juices flowing!
3 Things Your Kids Can Make for Father’s Day
1. Father’s Day Coupons / Coupon Book
This is a fun idea and while you can find printables online, it’s sometimes more fun to create your own. The kids can make up ideas like “a big hug” or “good for one extra chore” or even “good for breakfast in bed” and give them to Dad for his special day. He can redeem them whenever he chooses.
If you want to get some ideas from others, here are some previously done Father’s Day coupons that you can look at:
- Tie Coupons – In the shape of a tie, these “Dad coupons” are very suiting for a hard-working business dad! Source: Reasons To Skip The House Work.
- Coupon Book Printable – If you want to go the really simple route, this done-for-you coupon book is perfect. Source: Penny Pinchin Mom.
- Mustache Coupons – These printable coupons are done in fun colors and have mustaches printed on them. Source: Itsy Bitsy Fun.
- Coloring Page Coupons – These coupons are so awesome because the kids can print them out and color them however they like! Source: eColoringPage.
- Elegant Father’s Day Coupons – These coupons are seriously classy. They’re customizable too and the creator even includes a printable card. Source: Elegance and Enchantment.
- Toolbox Coupons – If you have a handy Dad, these printable Toolbox Coupons are perfect. Source: iHeartNaptime.
- Colorful Coupon Book – These coupons are so colorful they’ll never get lost! Plus, they look great too. Source: Skip to My Lou.
- Simple Dad Coupons – These coupons aren’t too flashy but they’re customizable and get the job done. Source: CityMomsBlog.
- Martha Stewart Dad Coupons – These coupons are done-for-you printables that you can simply customize and add a cover to. Source: Martha Stewart.
2. Memory Preservers
What better way to preserve those happy dad memories than with a handmade gift? Help your children find great pictures of their dad, themselves, and the family doing fun things together. The kids can record all of their special memories with Dad and even write him notes inside.
Here are some other ideas as well that help create memories and preserve memories:
- Lego Memory Blocks – I love this one because the kids will literally be able to “build” memories with Dad! Source: The Seasoned Mom.
- Father’s Day Project – This is sort of a school project but kids can make it at home too! It’s super cute. Source: Happy Home Fairy.
- Printable Fill in the Blank Book – With 12 pages that are completely customizable, the kids will have a blast filling this out and Dad will love it. Source: Tiny Me.
- Book About Dad – This printable book has coloring areas and fill in the blanks and works for kids of all ages. Source: The Measured Mom.
- Dad Coloring Page – Let your kid describe and color their Dad with this fun coloring page! Source: Skip to My Lou.
3. Why You Love Him
Another fun thing to make for Father’s Day is a list of why you love him. Your kids can write down all the reasons they love him and put it in a jar or shoebox (and decorate it), use them for homemade cards, or put up big signs and home décor for dad’s big day that have all the reasons they love him on them.
Here are some ideas to check out:
- Fill in the Blank Story – This Father’s Day Printable is so awesome. It’s a fun fill in the blank story for kids to fill out. Source: Homeschool On.
- “We Love You Because” Canvas – This is a gift that Dad can cherish forever! The kids will have fun with it too as they get to paint a bit. Source: Our House Now a Home.
- Father’s Day Photo Collage – This is a homemade Father’s Day gift that Dad might want to keep around all year! So thoughtful. Source: Positively Splendid.
Now that you have these great ideas, all that is left is to get started. If your kids want to make any of these, gather up the supplies and instructions well in advance and let them get to it.
Dad is sure to love it, especially since the kids made it themselves. You can also use these ideas as a jumping-off point and come up with more of your own. Let your kids brainstorm some really great ways to show their dad how much they love him.
Trending DIY Projects
Report a Problem
Please select the problem you are facing with this deal:
- Price Increased
- Price Decreased
- No longer available
- Link doesn't work
Add more details:
Thank you for your feedback. We really appreciate it.
Enter your email address if you would like to receive a follow up.
Please Try Again