Money Saving Tips: Back to School Shopping?
It’s that time again…back to class…And that means back to the store for shoes, clothes, and school supplies.
Right now is a good time to start thinking about what you or your children need for the year and begin looking for the sales, comparing prices, and making a plan.
Here are 5 Money Saving Tips to consider in this inevitable money spending time of year:
- Always buy on sale. Just make it a rule for yourself and/or your children to only buy items that are on sale [and that of course have the lowest price because sometimes “on sale” doesn’t mean inexpensive]. We are here to help you find the best back to school deals.
- Check the dollar store. Don’t forget that the dollar store often has everything you need, so if it costs more than $1 somewhere else, you can always get it cheaper.
- Upcycle old supplies. Take all of your supplies from the year before and make them look as new as possible. Sharpen pencils, tear out used pages from old notebooks, and put a creative wrapping over the covers.
- Rely on hand-me-downs. If you have older kids, consider passing down their clothes or supplies to the younger school-goers.
- Allow your kids to contribute. If your children want articles that cost more than you’re willing to spend, allow them to work to make up the difference in price.