Rite Aid has a pretty comprehensive Coupon Policy, but once you figure out how it all works, it’s a great way to save a lot of money on personal care items!
There are many ways to save money at Rite Aid. Here is a brief explanation:
- Manufacturers Coupons (found online and in the Sunday insert that can be used at any store that takes manufacturers coupons)
- In-Ad Coupons (found in the Rite Aid ad that comes on Sunday. You can stack these with a manufacturers coupon for even more savings)
- Video Values Coupons (go to this site, watch a little commercial, and then you can print a coupon – these change on a monthly basis. Can be stacked with an in-ad AND a manufacturers coupon)
- +UP Rewards (“store cash” printed at the bottom of your receipt)
- SCR (Single Check Rebates – online rebate system. Checks can be used again at the store or cashed!)
- Wellness+ Program (think “club card” – extra savings when you use the card and you’ll also earn points to get future discounts)
Single Check Rebates (SCR)
Each month, Rite Aid comes out with a list of items in their store that, when purchased, can earn a rebate. You can always view all the rebates on the Rite Aid website. The rebates are limited to one per item, per customer. (So if you buy 10 boxes of toothpaste, you will only qualify for the rebate on the first box you bought). The system is all online, so it is very easy. Each month, you go enter in all your receipts (they tell you how to do it on their rebate site), and a few weeks later you’ll receive ONE check for all the rebates you entered in (thus, “Single Check” Rebate). You don’t have to cut out UPCs, simply sign up here and enter in the information from qualifying receipts! It is really THAT simple!
The rebates don’t run in a calendar month. So be sure to check their site to see the effective rebate dates and submission deadlines. Some of the rebates will only last for one week during the month, and others last all month long. For example, in October, the rebate period is from September 26-October 23. And submissions are due by November 22nd.
To Qualify for a Single Purchase SCR
- Purchase ONE item during the rebate period (any extras will not qualify for an additional rebate)
- Create an account and enter receipt information HERE
- Check back in 2-5 days to see the rebate amount added to your account
- At the end of the rebate month request your check and check your mailbox in about 2-3 weeks
- It is that easy!
Rite Aids +UP Rewards are Rite Aid coupons that print on the bottom of your receipt when you purchase a qualifying item. Your must use your Wellness+ card in order for the +Up Rewards to print. Find out which items qualify by checking the weekly circular in Sunday’s paper or HERE using your zip code. After purchasing the item your +Up Reward will print at the bottom of your receipt with a dollar amount and can be used on your next purchase. Think “in store cash.” +Up Rewards are limited from 1 to 4 per household (depending on the item), so be sure to check the limits in the circular if purchasing more than one of the same item. If you purchase more than the limit you will not receive +Up rewards for any items you purchase over the limit amount. You may purchase multiple +Up Reward items within the same transaction and receive multiple +Up rewards on the receipt.
To Receive an +Up Reward
- Purchase 1-4 (depending on each item’s limit) of the qualifying item using your Wellness+ card
- Check your receipt for your +Up Rewards
- Use on your next transaction
- Note: +Up Rewards cannot cover sales tax or items prohibited by law (see the fine print on the +Up)
Shopping at Rite Aid can be difficult because they stock small amounts of household and personal care products in their store. Learning to request and utilize rain checks efficiently is an important part of Rite Aid shopping.
- Request a rain check anytime the items you desire is out of stock
- The rain check will be written for the sale price of the item minus any +Up reward value
- Redeem your rain check next time the items are in stock but be sure your coupons (manufacturer and/or video values) have not expired when you redeem.
- After purchasing a rain check item with a limited time SCR, enter your receipt as usual then call 1-888-213-9920 and they will issue your rain check SCR
In order to ensure there are enough deals to go around Rite Aid limits 4 like items per household so plan your shopping accordingly.