A Valentine’s Day Gift That Will Cost you Pennies
Are you looking for some simple ideas to save money? We have simple solutions that you can easily apply to your lifestyle to save money!
It’s a paper mache candle holder made with things you can probably find in your house!
I found this super cute and cheap Valentine’s Day Craft from Homemade Serenity.
It makes for a great gift for a friend or way to put some festivity into your celebration.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- A recycled glass jar (pickle jar, canning jar, baby food jar, etc)
- Colored tissue paper (sometimes you get this free when you buy new shoes)
- Glue/Adhesive (Here are a few things you can use: liquid starch, watered down school glue, or just mix 1 part flour and 2 parts water to make an easy paste)
- Craft brushes
To get started:
1. Lay down newspaper to cover your work area.
2. Tear the tissue paper into about 3 inch squares.
3. Paint the white tissue paper onto the clean glass jar.
4. Cut out colored hearts and paint them on over the white tissue paper base.
5. Let dry overnight and place tea lights in them tomorrow!
Thanks Homemade Serenity for the Fabuless idea!
We have been enjoying crafting and making some sweet Valentine’s Day Gifts as Valentine’s Day is around the corner. Check them all out here!
Celebrate Valentine’s Day with a favorite recipe. There are delicious recipes to serve from breakfast to dinner and then dessert afterward! See all of the Valentine’s Day recipes ideas here!
Can’t forget the kiddos! If you are getting ready for class parties there are several Non-Candy Alternative Valentine Card ideas that will be a hit.