- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans or walnuts
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
- 1 package (3.4 ounce) vanilla instant pudding
- 1 package (3.9 ounce) chocolate instant pudding, with 1 teaspoon reserved for garnish
- 3 cups cold milk
- 1 chocolate bar, grated (optional, but makes it look pretty!)
- Mix flour, butter, and pecans until crumbly and use a spatula sprayed with cooking spray to press into a greased 9x13 baking pan (see notes).
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes until lightly golden. Set aside to cool (about 45 minutes).
- In the meantime, beat cream cheese, sugar, and half container of cool whip until smooth.
- Spread over cooled crust.
- Reserve 1 teaspoon of chocolate pudding mix to sprinkle over the top of finished dessert.
- Combine both the vanilla and chocolate pudding powders with 3 cups cold milk. Blend until smooth and thickened. Spread over cream cheese layer.
- Spread remaining cool whip over the top and sprinkle with reserved chocolate pudding mix and the grated chocolate bar.
The crust mix is very sticky! Spray your spatula with cooking spray as needed, as you spread the crust in the baking dish.
Use the medium-high settings on a mixer for the crust and for the cream cheese layer mixtures (they are very thick).
Approximate cooling time for crust is 45 minutes. Mix up all of your layers while this cools in order to save some time!