- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
- 2 tablespoons butter or coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon pepper seasoning
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice (from about 3 lemons)
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- Rinse the chicken and cut it into tenderloin-size pieces or 1-inch chunks, whichever you prefer. Then pat the chicken pieces mostly dry with a paper towel.
- Place the flour and 1 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning into a large resealable bag. Seal and shake to combine. Then add the chicken to the bag, seal, and shake to coat the chicken pieces.
- Heat the butter or oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once melted and hot, add the chicken to the skillet and brown each side. The chicken doesn't need to be cooked through at this point, just browned.
- Use a slow cooker liner or spray the inside of the slow cooker with cooking spray, then place the browned chicken pieces inside. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of lemon pepper seasoning over the chicken. Mix together the lemon juice and broth, then pour it over the chicken and seasoning. Cook on low for 3-4 hours. Serve with rice, noodles, and/or salad.
Instant Pot Instructions:
- Follow instructions to prep chicken on saute setting and then add all ingredients to instant pot.
- Cook on Chicken setting, or if using another pressure cooker for 15 minutes at high pressure.