- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 cup fat free milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 34 slices turkey pepperoni, quartered
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 375˚F. Grease a 24-cup mini-muffin pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt and oregano; whisk in milk and egg. Stir in mozzarella and pepperoni; let stand 10 minutes.
- Stir batter, and divide among mini-muffin cups. Bake until puffed and golden, 20-25 minutes.
- Warm pizza sauce, then stir in 1 tablespoon basil. Sprinkle puffs with remaining 1 tablespoon basil. Serve puffs with pizza sauce for dipping. (if desired). Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for up to a week or freeze and use as needed.