- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 7 tablespoons butter
- 15 ounces stewed tomatoes or pasta sauce
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a bowl or dish, stir together the bread crumbs and Parmesan.
- In a separate bowl or dish, melt the butter.
- Place each chicken breast into the melted butter and flip chicken to coat. Then place the chicken in the bread crumb mixture and thoroughly coat each piece.
- Spread the stewed tomatoes or pasta sauce in the bottom of a 9x13 pan or dish.
- Place the coated chicken onto the sauce in the pan and sprinkle mozzarella cheese evenly over the top.
PREPARING FOR THE FREEZER:
- Cover uncooked pan of chicken with plastic wrap, then foil, and freeze.
PREPARE AFTER FREEZING:
- Let pan of chicken thaw for 24 hours in the refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Remove plastic wrap and cover thawed pan of chicken with foil. Cook covered for about 40 minutes, until chicken is cooked through and reaches 160 degrees F internally. Uncover for last 5-10 minutes of cooking time, if desired.
- To cook from frozen, follow same cooking directions, but extend cooking time to about 60-65 minutes.
- Serve over cooked spaghetti noodles with pasta sauce, if desired.