- 2 large Granny Smith apples
- 1 tablespoon + 2 teaspoons cinnamon, divided
- 2 cans refrigerated crescent roll dough
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup Mountain Dew
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 9x13 pan or Dutch Oven with nonstick cooking spray.
- Core, slice, and peel apples, for 16 slices total. Place the slices in a bowl.
- Sprinkle 2 teaspoons cinnamon over apples and gently stir to coat.
- Unroll the crescent roll dough, then roll one apple slice inside of each crescent roll piece of dough. Place rolls evenly in a single layer in the prepared pan or Dutch Oven.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, bring the 1 tablespoon cinnamon, butter, sugar, and brown sugar to a boil. Once boiling, pour evenly over the rolls. Then pour the 1 cup of Mountain Dew around the inside edge of the pan.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, until bubbling and rolls are crusty and browned on top. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.