- 1 pizza crust dough (10-14 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
Dipping Sauce (Optional)
- 15 ounces canned tomato puree
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Unroll dough on a clean surface. Cut dough in half lengthwise, and then cut 8 strips vertically with a pizza cutter (making 16 small bread sticks). Place each strip onto a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake 6-8 minutes or until golden brown.
- While bread sticks are baking, melt the butter and stir in garlic salt. Remove bread sticks from the oven and brush on garlic butter mixture. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Serve with marinara sauce for dipping, if desired.
- For the sauce: Combine all ingredients in saucepan over medium heat. When it begin to bubble, reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring often. Store in airtight container in refrigerator for up to 4 weeks or freeze. Makes 1 1/2 cups.
You can use pretty much any dough you would use for pizza crust!