- 5 strips bacon, cooked and diced
- 9-12 small-medium jalapeno peppers, sliced in half length-wise with seeds and membranes removed
- 6 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup freshly grated sharp cheddar or pepper jack cheese
- 2 small green onions, finely diced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat.
- In a medium bowl, beat together the cream cheese, cheese, three-quarters of the bacon, green onion, garlic powder, and salt. Spoon the filling into each jalapeno cavity and arrange filled peppers on baking sheet, filling-side up.
- Bake for about 15-18 minutes, until jalapenos are tender. Sprinkle remaining bacon evenly over the peppers. Broil for 1-2 minutes, if desired. Serve warm.
Amount of peppers needed will depend on their size. Servings provided by this recipe will depend on if you are serving other food as well, but believe me, you will want to eat more than one! Peppers may be stuffed up to a day in advance and refrigerated, then bake before serving.