- 12 pieces Barilla Oven-Ready Lasagne
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound ground sausage
- 24 ounces pasta sauce
- 1/2 to 1 cup water
- 8 ounces part skim ricotta cheese
- 8 ounces cottage cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella, divided
- 1/2 cup Parmesan
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly spray a 9x13 pan (or two 8x8 pans) with nonstick cooking spray.
- Brown ground beef and sausage in a large skillet on medium-high heat, until cooked through. Drain grease, if needed.
- Add pasta sauce to skillet with the ground beef and sausage. Pour 1/2 to 1 cup of water (depending on thickness of sauce and desired consistency) into the empty pasta sauce jar, cover with lid, and shake. Then stir the water into the meat and sauce mixture.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the ricotta, cottage cheese, 1 cup mozzarella, Parmesan, eggs, oregano, basil, parsley, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Spread 1 cup of meat sauce onto the bottom of the pan. Place 3 noodles into pan, then 1/3 of the cheese mixture, then about 1 cup of meat sauce. Repeat noodles, cheese mixture, and meat sauce twice.
- Top lasagna with remaining 1 cup of mozzarella. Spray a piece of foil with cooking spray, then place foil over top of lasagna.
- Bake for 1 hour, or until heated through, removing foil after 45 minutes. Let stand 15 minutes before serving.
PREPARING FOR THE FREEZER:
- Cover uncooked pan of lasagna with plastic wrap, then foil, and freeze.
PREPARE AFTER FREEZING:
- Let thaw in the refrigerator for about 24 hours, then cook (as directed above) for 1 hour at 350 degrees. Or cook from frozen, for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, until heated through.
Traditional lasagna noodles can be used instead of Oven-Ready. Just under-cook them, or use them uncooked and be sure to add the 1 cup water to meat sauce mixture so they can cook while the lasagna is baking.