- 1 lb ground beef, browned
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained (about 15 oz)
- 1 can Rotel (about 14 oz)
- 1 package frozen corn (about 10 oz)
- ½ onion, chopped
- 1 bottle roasted red peppers, drained and chopped
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 3 Tablespoons flour
- ½ cup beef broth
- ½ cup milk
- 1 can Enchilada sauce (about 10 oz)
- Shredded Cheese
- Tortilla Chip Strips
- Sliced Avocado
- Sour Cream
- Fresh Cilantro
- Combine black beans, Rotel, frozen corn, chopped onions, and roasted red peppers into your crock pot and stir.
- Melt butter on the stove top and add flour. Whisk until smooth and it begins to bubble. Add beef broth and milk, stir and bring to a boil.
- Add enchilada sauce and whisk until smooth.
- Place browned ground beef in crock pot (over beans, corn and other ingredients).
- Pour the sauce from the stove over everything in the crock pot.
- Cook on low for for 3-4 hours.
Instant Pot Instructions:
- Melt butter in instant pot liner, using saute mode. Add flour and quickly whisk for a minute, then add the milk and broth. Stir until smooth.
- Pour in enchilada sauce and stir until combined and smooth. Pour sauce into a large measuring cup or bowl to set aside.
- Cook meat in instant pot, drain if necessary.
- Add black beans, rotel, corn, onions, and chopped peppers and stir to combine. Be sure to scrape the bottom of the pot to ensure no beef is remaining.
- Pour sauce over the mixture and add another 1/2 to 1 cup of broth if needed.
- Set instant pot to cook for 5 minutes on high, then do a quick pressure release.
- Open Gallon Sized Freezer bag and place browned ground beef, black beans (rinsed and drained), Rotel, frozen corn, chopped onions, and roasted red peppers.
- You'll add the butter, flour, broth, enchilada sauce and milk on cooking day.
To Prepare After Freezing
- Lightly thaw bagged ingredients enough to push out of bag into slow cooker.
- Melt butter on the stove top and add flour. Whisk until smooth and it begins to bubble.
- Add beef broth and milk, stir and bring to a boil, then add enchilada sauce and whisk until smooth.
- Pour the sauce into the crock pot and cook on low for for 3-4 hours.
- OR cook in an instant pot for 15 minutes and slow release for 10 minutes.
- Serve hot soup with any or all of suggested toppings!