- 3 (15-oz) cans of peaches in juice - drain one can
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1/2 can of Sprite (6 ounces)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 5 quart/10" dutch oven
- Heat coals on the fire.
- In a 5 quart dutch oven add peaches (and the juice from 2 of the 3 cans), then pour the cake mix powder and spread over peaches
- Pour Sprite over the dry cake mix and lightly mix together over the peaches. Once all powder is moist, put pats of butter evenly over the top of the mixture. This will give the cobbler a nice golden brown top.
- Move dutch oven to 19 hot coals. 6 briquettes on the bottom and 13 on top (for 10" dutch oven) - this will give you about 320 degrees.
- Cook for 45-60 minutes (check every 5 minutes after 45 minutes to ensure cobbler is cooked to the consistency you want)
You can modify this recipe to feed less if you cook in a smaller dutch oven. Just scale down the recipe to fit in the smaller oven.