- 5-ounce box of Melba toast, crushed coarse
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 4 boneless pork chops, 1 inch thick
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a shallow dish, mix together the Melba toast crumbs, 1/2 teaspoon salt, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, basil, oregano, and sugar.
- Add 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise and work evenly into crumbs.
- Pat pork chops dry with a paper towel and season with salt and pepper.
- Cover chops completely with mayonnaise, the dredge thoroughly with Melba crumb mixture.
- Press on crumbs to adhere.
- Place breaded chops on a wire rack set on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake until coating is golden brown and centers of chops register 140 degrees on instant-read thermometer, 18-20 minutes. Remove from oven and let rest on rack until centers of chops read 150 degrees before serving, 5-10 minutes.
Melba crumbs should range in size from sand to small pebbles. If the pork chops are thicker than 1 inch, they may need longer to cook.