- 2 cups granulated sugar, divided
- about ¼ cup almond oil or fractionated coconut oil, divided
- about 5 drops doTERRA Peppermint Essential Oil
- 2 drops red food coloring (or raspberry juice)
- Place the sugar in a medium bowl, slowly add the oil to the sugar until the mixture is soft, but not too oily. Then add 4 or 5 drops of doTERRA pure therapeutic grade peppermint essential oil, add more or less depending on your preference.
- Transfer half of the sugar mixture to a separate bowl. Mix 1 or 2 drops of red food coloring into the sugar in one of the bowls. Now you have one white mixture and one pink! (See blog post for natural coloring options.)
- Alternate the colors in a jar or container, trying to keep each layer about the same height. Use an ice cream scoop handle or something similar to gently pack down each layer. Note that the amount you use for each of your layers, will vary depending on the size and shape of your container.
- To use: Scoop out a small amount and use your fingers to scrub it on your damp or wet skin in circular motions. Rinse.
- Should last up to 3 months if kept in a well sealed container and scooped with a clean utensil or hands.