- (2) 9-inch yellow cake rounds
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- 3 cups whole strawberries
- 1 large (5.1-ounce) box instant vanilla pudding, prepared according to package instructions
- 1 1/4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla
- Slice cake rounds in half, for a total of 4 thin rounds.
- Place one of the rounds on the cake plate and top with 1/2-3/4 cup pudding. Add about 2/3 cup of the sliced strawberries evenly over top of the pudding layer. Then place another cake round, 1/2-3/4 cup pudding, 2/3 cup sliced strawberries, and repeat one more time. Top off the cake with the fourth cake round.
- For the whipped cream, add the cold whipping cream to a bowl (a cold bowl, if possible). Add the powdered sugar and vanilla. Whip or beat on high setting until stiff peaks form.
- Spread the whipped cream evenly over the entire outside of the cake. Then decorate cake with whole strawberries, as desired. Keep refrigerated.
An 8-ounce tub of whipped topping (thawed) may be used in place of the fresh whipped cream.