- 1¼ Cups Graham Cracker Crumbs (about 15 squares)
- 2 Tablespoons Sugar
- 3 Tablespoons melted Butter or Margarine
- 19 oz Cream Cheese (2 ½ packages)
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 2 Teaspoons grated lemon peel (optional)
- 3 Eggs
- 2 ½ Quarts Strawberries
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Cornstarch
- 1 Cup Boiling Water
- 1 (3 oz) package of Strawberry flavored Gelatin (Jell-o)
- Crush your graham crackers by placing them in a Ziploc bag and crushing with a rolling pin.
- In a bowl, mix together graham cracker crumbs, sugar and butter and press into the bottom of a springform pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 350º.
- Let cool.
- Mix together softened cream cheese and gradually beat in 1 cup of sugar until fluffy.
- Add vanilla (and lemon peel if desired).
- Beat in 3 eggs one at a time.
- Pour over crumb mixture.
- Bake at 300° until center is firm, about 1 hour.
- Cool at room temperature.
- Refrigerate at least 3 hours.
- Cut the berries in the size that you desire.
- After refrigerating cheesecake cover the top with fresh cut berries.
- To make the gelatin berry topping mix together sugar and corn starch in a saucepan, until well blended.
- Add boiling water and cook over medium heat until mixture thickens. Remove from heat.
- Add gelatin mix, and stir until smooth. Let mixture cool to room temperature.
- Pour gelatin mixture over strawberries until well covered. Let cool until set.
Loosen the sides on the cheesecake in your springform pan before removing the sides of the pan for serving. Enjoy!