- 2 to 3 pounds boneless pork roast
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Use a slow cooker liner or spray with cooking spray. Place the roast in the slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the Parmesan, honey, soy sauce, basil, garlic, oil, and salt. Pour the sauce over the pork roast. Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours, or until the internal temperature of the meat reaches 160 degrees.
- Remove the roast and cover with foil to keep warm. Skim any fat from the sauce in the slow cooker, then pour the sauce into a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil.
- Combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Gradually stir the cornstarch mixture into the pan with the sauce. Bring to a boil and cook, stirring constantly, for about 2 minutes or until thickened. Slice roast and serve with the gravy sauce.
Instant Pot Instructions:
- Use saute setting and a bit of oil or butter in the pot to sear roast on each side. Then add additional 1/2 cup water to the sauce ingredients. Add sauce mixture to the pot with the roast and cook on High Pressure for 35 minutes, or until done (about 140-145 degrees F internal temperature). Let pressure natural release, for 10-15 minutes. Remove roast and use saute setting to thicken the sauce with the cornstarch and water, if needed.