- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 cup chopped onion (about 1 small onion)
- 2 cups halved and sliced zucchini (about 1 small zucchini)
- 3/4 cup chopped green bell pepper (about 1 pepper)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 13 ounces smoked turkey sausage, sliced
- 12 ounces frozen riced cauliflower (about 3 cups)
- 1 cup diced fresh tomatoes
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Parmesan (optional)
- Prep and measure all ingredients before continuing with the recipe.
- Heat oil in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and saute, stirring frequently, for about 4 minutes. Add zucchini, pepper, and garlic and saute 2 minutes longer. Transfer veggies to a dish. Add sausage to the now empty skillet and cook until starting to brown, turning occasionally, about 3 minutes.
- Add veggies back to skillet and stir in riced cauliflower, tomatoes, chicken broth, and Italian seasoning. Salt and pepper to taste. Let simmer until cauliflower is softened, about 8-10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley and grated Parmesan. More fresh diced tomato is another great garnish addition. Serve warm and enjoy!