- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 2 tbsp. corn starch
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 5-6 medium size apples, peeled and chopped or sliced
- In a large 5 qt. pot, mix together sugars and cornstarch.
- Gradually stir in water.
- Add butter and cinnamon.
- Mix together well and bring to a light boil.
- Add apples and stir, coating apples with sugar mixture.
- Cover and simmer on low 20 minutes.
- Let cool slightly and serve warm.
- Store in an air tight container in the refrigerator.