- 2 cups white whole wheat flour or whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup melted virgin coconut oil
- 2/3 cup milk
- about 5 ounces fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup mashed ripe banana (about 2 bananas)
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 and prepare a muffin pan with liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- Warm the milk slightly, to about room temperature. Add the spinach, melted coconut oil, and milk to a blender and blend until completely pureed. Add the mashed banana, honey, and vanilla to the spinach mixture in the blender and blend at a low speed, just to combine. Pour spinach mixture into the large bowl with dry ingredients and gently stir until combined.
- Fill muffin cups about 3/4 full and bake immediately for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove the muffins from the pan and let cool on a cooling rack.
I get about 13 muffins worth of batter, so you may (or may not) want to consider preparing a second pan.