- 1-3/4 to 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 envelope Fleischmann’s® RapidRise® Yeast
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup very warm water (120° to 130°F)*
- 3 tablespoons corn oil
- 1/2 to 1 cup pizza sauce
- Other toppings as desired
- 1 to 2 cups (4 to 8 ounces or 125 to 250g) shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cooked Chicken (prepackaged, rotisserie, or leftovers work great!)
- 2 small vine ripe tomatoes, sliced thin
- 3 Tablespoons Pesto Sauce mixed with a teaspoon olive oil to thin it out (and more or less to liking)
- Pinenuts, Almonds, or Sunflower Seeds
- Mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Combine 1 cup flour, undissolved yeast, sugar and salt in a large bowl. Add very warm water and oil; mix until well blended, about 1 minute. Gradually add enough remaining flour to make a soft dough. Dough should form a ball and will be slightly sticky. Knead (see notes) on a floured surface, adding additional flour if necessary, until smooth and elastic, about 4 minutes. (If using RapidRise Yeast, let dough rest at this point for 10 minutes.)
- Pat dough with floured hands to fill greased pizza pan or baking sheet. OR roll dough on a floured counter to 12-inch circle; place in greased pizza pan or baking sheet. Form a rim by pinching the edge of the dough.
- Spread with pesto sauce (or your favorite pizza sauce).
- Top with chicken, tomatoe slices, pinenuts, and cheese! OR any of your favorite toppings!
- Bake on lowest oven rack for 12 to 15 minutes, until cheese is bubbly and crust is browned.
To knead the dough, add just enough flour to the dough and your hands to keep the dough from sticking. Flatten dough and fold it toward you.Using the heels of your hands, push the dough away with a rolling motion. Rotate dough a quarter turn and repeat the "fold, push and turn" steps. Keep kneading dough until it is smooth and elastic. Use a little more flour if dough becomes too sticky, always working the flour into the ball of dough.
If you want to make a thick crust 9-inch pizza, increase baking time to 20 minutes.