- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon powdered sugar (plus more for dusting)
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 15 drops Lemon Doterra Essential Oil
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment or a silicone baking mat.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter, cream cheese and sugars together until smooth. Add the essential oil drops, vanilla and egg; mix until combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the salt, baking powder, baking soda, and flour. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix well.
- Scoop cookies onto the baking sheet and bake for 9-10 minutes, just until edges are set. Remove from the oven and dust with powdered sugar.
The lemon flavor of the dough will be stronger than that of the baked cookies.