- 1/2 cup salsa verde
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 cups (14 ounces) chicken stock or broth
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- Combine salsa, cream cheese, cheddar, and chicken broth in a blender (or with an immersion blender), until smooth.
- Pour into a medium saucepan and heat over medium or medium-low heat until hot, but not boiling. Add the shredded chicken and cook for an additional 3-5 minutes, until heated through.
- Serve warm and garnish with additional shredded cheese, chopped cilantro, or green onions.