- 1 pound 80/20 ground beef
- 1 green pepper, diced (about 3/4 cup)
- 1/2 onion, diced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 5 to 6 slices bacon
- 3 tablespoons reduced sugar ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Italian salad dressing
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a 9x13 baking dish with foil for easy cleanup.
- In a large bowl, use your hands to mix together the ground beef, green pepper, onion, garlic, almond flour, mozzarella, Parmesan, eggs, Worcestershire, salt, and pepper. Mix until just evenly combined - don't over-mix! Shape into a loaf.
- Place raw bacon slices in pan so that one end of each slice will be halfway under the meatloaf. Place meatloaf into the pan, onto that end of the bacon slices. Bring other end of slices over the top of meatloaf and tuck underneath.
- Whisk together the ketchup and Italian dressing. Spoon or brush the mixture over the bacon and spread to coat.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Then increase oven temperature to 425 degrees F and continue baking for another 20 minutes, or until internal temperature of meatloaf reaches 160 degrees. Let sit for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
Baking time may vary slightly depending on thickness of the meatloaf.