- Select a ripe pineapple, preferably one that you can actually smell the sweetness when the fruit is whole.
- Cut the top, bottom and peel off
- Cut the core out of the pineapple and cut into slices and then chunks.
- Place the chunks on a dry cookie sheet and put in the freezer for the better part of a day (I like lining mine with a silicone baking mat).
- Once frozen, use a spatula to release the frozen pineapple from the cookie sheet and store in freezer bags or containers.
- Make sure to label your bag with the date of the freeze. The fruit should last at least 6 months.