- Ziploc Bags
- Start water to boil, in stockpot, place steamer basket in bottom of pot.
- Prep asparagus by cleaning thoroughly, cut off ends, and sort by size - small (the thickness of a pencil or smaller), medium, and large (bigger than half an inch).
- Place 1-2 lbs of asparagus in boiling water to blanch. Blanching time starts as soon as the pot begins to boil. Small asparagus blanches for 2 minutes, medium for 3, and large for 4.
- When the time is up, remove from boiling water quickly and submerge in an ice water bath for the same time you blanched. Having the steamer basket in the bottom makes this easy. I just used tongs and grabbed it out.
- Drain and pat dry.
- Place in resealable bag to freeze (about 4 lbs per gallon-sized bag). Lay flat in freezer. Frozen asparagus will keep for 10-12 months.
Prep and cook time will vary depending on how much asparagus you are preparing.