- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 28 ounces (1 lb 12 oz) frozen fully cooked meatballs
SLOW COOKER INSTRUCTIONS
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the brown sugar, honey, ketchup, soy sauce, and garlic.
- Place frozen meatballs in a 4-quart slow cooker and pour the sauce over them. Stir to coat. Cook on low for 4 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Serve as an appetizer, or over rice or noodles as a main dish.
INSTANT POT INSTRUCTIONS
- Turn the instant pot on saute mode and combine brown sugar, honey, ketchup, soy sauce, and garlic. Stir until somewhat thick and bubbly (it only takes a few minutes).
- Turn off saute mode and add the frozen meatballs. Stir to combine the meatballs with the sauce.
- Place the lid on the instant pot and set it to manual high pressure for 3 minutes.
- Once the cooking is done, quick release the pressure, open the lid, stir a little more and enjoy over rice!
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (or according to meatball package instructions).
- Place frozen meatballs in a single layer in a 9x13 pan. Bake for 14-16 minutes (or according to package instructions).
- Whisk together the brown sugar, honey, ketchup, soy sauce, and garlic in a saucepan over medium heat, until simmering and slightly thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Pour sauce over warm meatballs, stir to coat, and serve.
Make this weight watchers friendly by using turkey meatballs and stretching to 8 servings (sooo doable!). This will be 6 points per serving with those easy modifications!