- 1 loaf Rhodes frozen bread dough
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 envelope Hidden Valley ranch dressing mix
- 1/2 - 3/4 pound thinly sliced ham
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon poppy seeds
- Thaw the bread dough and let rise (according to package directions). Roll bread dough out into a rectangular shape, approximately 1/4-inch thick. Use a pizza cutter to cut strips along each side of the dough (even numbers on each side).
- Combine butter and ranch mix. Spread about 4 tablespoons of butter mixture along the center of the dough lengthwise. Layer ham and cheese over the butter. Starting at the bottom, take each edge strip of dough, gently cross and stretch it over to the other side of the braid, tucking the end under the braid. Continue criss-crossing until your dough is all braided up. Brush remaining butter/ranch mixture over top. Sprinkle with poppy seeds.
- Preparing For the Freezer: Wrap braid in plastic wrap and then foil. Label and freeze.
- Prepare after Freezing: Remove plastic wrap and then replace the foil. Place the braid in fridge to thaw overnight. A couple of hours before you are ready to bake, place braid on the counter to come to room temperature. Use foil layer to line the baking sheet. Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes.
Before baking, you will want to let it thaw in the refrigerator overnight, then let it come to room temperature on the counter for a few hours before baking. Bake it right on the foil you use for wrapping and cleanup is a breeze!