- 1 pound ground pork sausage
- 1 lb. frozen cubed Ore Ida potatoes
- 12 eggs, beaten
- 2 T. milk
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 2 T. butter
- 2 10 oz. cans green chili sauce
- 12-16 burrito sized flour tortillas (I used regular size whole wheat tortillas this time and was able to make about 10 burritos.)
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
To prep the burrito ingredients:
- In a large skillet, brown the sausage. Remove from heat and drain excess fat. Set aside.
- Brown potatoes in oven by placing them on a baking sheet and broiling according to package instructions until crisp.
- Meanwhile, mix eggs, milk, salt and pepper together in a medium mixing bowl.
- Over medium heat, melt the butter in separate large skillet. Add egg mixture to skillet and scramble the eggs, removing from heat once the eggs are cooked but still moist.
- Warm green chili sauce over medium heat in saucepan until warmed through.
To assemble the burritos and prep to freeze:
- Warm the flour tortillas on skillet or in the microwave until soft and flexible.
- Fill tortillas with 1/3 cup scrambled eggs, 2-3 T. sausage, and 1/3 cup potatoes.
- Top with cheddar cheese and green chili sauce according to taste.
- Fold tortillas snuggly into burritos. Wrap each burrito in plastic wrap, then place in freezer bags. Freeze.
On serving day:
- Remove burrito from freezer and remove plastic wrap. Wrap in a paper towl and place in microwave on defrost for 3 minutes, then on high for 1 minute.
- Let cool and enjoy with sour cream or salsa!