- 1 pound asparagus
- 1 teaspoon olive oil or avocado oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- lemon wedges
- Rinse asparagus and dry well. Holding the center and bottom of each spear, snap off the bottom and discard.
- Toss asparagus with oil, salt, and pepper in a bowl or pan. Transfer to air fryer basket.
- Cook at 400°F until tender and bright green, 6 to 8 minutes, tossing half way through.
- Season with additional salt and pepper, if desired. Serve with lemon wedges. (For more bright flavor, top with gremolata.)
Lemon-Tarragon Gremolata: Combine 2 tablespoons minced fresh tarragon, 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley, 2 teaspoons lemon zest, 1 minced garlic clove. Serve over cooked asparagus.