- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup extra-virgin coconut oil, softened slightly but not melted
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups (11.5 ounces) white whole wheat flour or all purpose flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups quick oats
- 1 1/4 cups old-fashioned oats
- 12 ounces chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In a large bowl, cream together the brown sugar, granulated sugar and coconut oil until light in color, 1-2 minutes. Add the eggs and vanilla and beat the mixture for 2-3 minutes. Stir in the flour, baking soda, salt, and oats until just combined - there should be streaks of dry ingredients remaining. Stir in the chocolate chips until combined.
- Scoop about a heaping tablespoon of dough and roll it into balls. Place them 1-2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes until the edges are lightly golden and set but the middles are still soft.
- Remove from oven and let the cookies sit for 2-3 minutes on the baking sheets. Then use a spatula to move the cookies to a cooling rack to cool completely.
If you don’t need the cookies to be dairy-free, you can use whatever type of chocolate chips you desire.