- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 pound (4 cups) pecan halves
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In a large bowl, whisk egg white and water until frothy, about 30 seconds.
- Add pecans to egg white mixture and gently stir until pecans are well coated.
- In a small bowl, combine sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Pour over pecan and stir until pecans are well coated.
- Spread pecans in an even layer on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes, then stir pecans. Bake for another 10 mins, or until the sugar has caramelized.
- Let cool. Enjoy!
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for 2-3 weeks.
To make on the stove top, add egg white, water, sugar, cinnamon, and salt to a non-stick skillet and cook over medium-heat for 1-2 minutes, until sugar is dissolved and mixture bubbles. Then add pecans and cook for about 3 minutes, until pecans are coated and caramelized. Remove from heat and pour onto wax paper to cool.