- 2 pounds chicken, cooked and chopped
- 1 head cabbage, shredded
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 package Chicken or Oriental Ramen noodles (3 ounces)
- 2 ounces sesame seeds or sunflower seeds
- 4 ounces slivered almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 6 tablespoons cider or rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- Ramen seasoning packet
- Crush or break apart the Ramen noodles and reserve the seasoning packet for the salad dressing.
- Heat the 1/2 teaspoon oil in a skillet on medium-high heat and toast the seeds and almonds until lightly browned.
- In a large bowl, combine the chopped chicken, shredded cabbage, green onions, noodle pieces, seeds, and almonds.
- In a small or medium bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients. Pour the dressing over the salad and stir to coat. Serve as a main dish or side dish.