- 8 large cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 5-6 cups cauliflower florets
- 6-7 cups vegetable broth or water
- 1 teaspoon salt (more to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper (more to taste)
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream (milk will work also)
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese (for flavor but optional)
- Saute the minced garlic with the butter in a large nonstick skillet over low heat. Cook for several minutes or until the garlic is soft and fragrant but not browned. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Bring the water or vegetable broth to a boil in a large pot. Add the cauliflower and cook, covered, for 7-10 minutes or until cauliflower is fork tender. Do not drain.
- Use a slotted spoon to transfer the cauliflower pieces to the blender. Add 1 cup vegetable broth or cooking liquid, sauteed garlic/butter, salt, pepper, whipping cream and parmesan cheese. Blend or puree for several minutes until the sauce is very smooth, adding more broth or whipping cream depending on how thick you want the sauce to be. You may need to do this in batches depending on the size of your blender. Serve warm over cooked noodles or rice.