- 1 medium zucchini (about 10 ounces)
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup panko (or almond flour or bread crumbs)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 3/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- pinch of salt and pepper
- oil for spraying
Optional yogurt dip:
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cut the zucchini in half lengthwise, then cut each of those pieces in half lengthwise again. Using a vegetable peeler, shave seeds from inner portion of each zucchini quarter. Then cut the pieces in half crosswise, so you end up with 16 pieces total that are about 1/2-inch thick and 3 to 4 inches long.
- In a shallow bowl, lightly beat the egg. In another shallow bowl, combine the panko (or almond flour or bread crumbs), Parmesan, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Dredge the zucchini pieces in the egg, then in the crumb mixture. Gently press crumbs to zucchini to coat and adhere.
- Lightly spray the air fryer basket with oil to help prevent the zucchini from sticking. Arrange half of the zucchini pieces in the basket in a single layer, spaced evenly apart. Spray zucchini with the oil to help evenly brown. Arrange remaining zucchini on top, perpendicular to first layer. Spray with oil.
- Cook in air fryer at 400°F for 9-10 minutes, or until breading is crisp and golden.
- For the yogurt dip, whisk the yogurt, lemon zest, juice, salt, and pepper together in a small bowl. Serve with zucchini fries.
To cook in an oven, arrange fries in single layer on a baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes at 425°F.