- 2 (4 oz.) bottles of Elmer's Glue (About $.75 each at Walmart in the school supply aisle)
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup liquid starch (About $3 at Walmart in the laundry aisle)
- Food Coloring (I had on hand)
You will also need:
- Glass or plastic bowl
- Measuring cup
- Something to protect your work surface (tablecloth, cutting board, baking sheet etc..)
- Empty all of the glue into your bowl
- Add your food coloring and stir together until blended. I only used a little bit (4 drops I think) of food coloring so it wouldn't stain our hands when playing with it.
- Gradually add the starch, A LITTLE AT A TIME, while stirring with the spoon or kneading with your fingers as the mixture thickens. The original recipe calls for a whole cup of starch but I tried that and it turned out really soupy. I made another batch with only 1/2 to 3/4 cup starch and it was just right!
- Keep stirring!
- You might need to get your hands in there and knead it to mix in the rest of the starch. You may not even need the entire 3/4 cup.
- Play with your homemade gak slime!